Friday 2 September 2011

Another Attempt To Tell You About My Holiday

I've always loved reading stories set in far off fantasy realms. I've always loved writing about adventures far more exciting than anything I'll ever see. So for my life to be this boring is the worst possible curse!
Which is why writing about my holiday is great for me. In my diaries I have often compared my life to a story, but the most boring story ever written. So my holiday is all I have that is interesting and real that I can write about. Some of you may have noticed I tried before. But I deleted those blog entries because I went about them all wrong. All my friends on Interpals have asked about it and I can tell then without being bored by the subject, so clearly I needed to write this in a different way.
Here is my new attempt.
The boat was amazing. I have never been anywhere like it. It was huge and the luxury was like nothing I have ever had before. They came to clean our rooms out and make our beds twice a day! They had live music at dinner and in the lobby like area. A lot of people looked down on me but I didn't care. A lot of people didn't. A lot of people complimented me and asked where I got my boots from. I made friends on the boat. Only one of which I have any means of communication with now. His name is Leo and he was really friendly. He reminds me of someone in my town actually. But I'm not sure why. I feel comfortable talking to him and I trust him far more than is safe for me to trust someone I have actually met. Out of all the friends I made he was my favourite. It was easy to talk to him, unlike the others.
I spent most of my free time out on deck. By the pool if I wanted to find people and it was sunny, by the pool but under shelter if it was raining or really windy and I wanted to find someone or write in my diary without the pages being blown everywhere or soaked. Or I would go up a deck and stand in the wind where there were no other people when I wanted to be by myself. Dinner was the only time I really spent with my dad when we were on the ship because he stuck to our cabin the rest of the time. The food at dinner was very posh and I didn't eat that much. I preferred the buffet but even then it was a struggle for me to eat. However our waitress at the restaurant was really cheerful and friendly. She would stand around and talk to us. She was absolutely lovely. We sat on a table where it was just the two of us, unlike on others where you were sat with strangers. Behind me sat a man we nicknamed "Brick", watch Outnumbered if you don't understand why. We never spoke to this man and he has no clue of our nickname for him. But it just fitted so well. We got a good view of the people below us. One table had a very fat woman with gigantic boobs and low cut tops, so every time we looked down, that was what we saw of her. Their child would have a plate of chips and a bottle of ketchup with his dinner and would sit and play on his DS throughout the meal. Which irritated me even from the floor above because my parents have spent a long time trying to force to me to sit at the dinner table with nothing to do but talk/watch the DVD we put on. I hated leaving my book or DS behind, but it's considered rude to bring them to the table. So why should this kid be allowed to sit and do that. In your own home is one thing, but when your out? The dad was bald, possibly by choice. And there was a conversation on our table about if we threw butter at his head would it stick or slide off? On a nearby table was a very gorgeous guy (near the table I described I mean) who seemed to be with his girlfriend. She was one of those ever-so-perfect people that I just want to throttle. Admittedly, admiring this seriously hot guy did cause me to knock over my coke in my failure to pay attention to what I was doing though.
The countries themselves were very far from what I expected.
Copenhagen didn't seem that great to me. They had a lot of statues of elephants. Some of them were really awesome. They had lots of statues of other things too. Their royal palace was beautiful from the outside but dark and dingy inside. Their guard people that we saw outside a parliament building turned their face behind their rifles when we went to take a picture. Which led to comments when we had got away about how our special forces get taught how to pixelate their faces, partly thought up thanks to Top Gear when they go to the North Pole. Their shopping centre was very far away and had shops that I would find in the town centre at home. We didn't find much else to do.
Stockholm was beautiful. Our first view was of forests. The city contained some really cool shops that I would have spent a fortune in, except they opened later than our arrival. Their royal palace was seriously cool, but bettered by the Russian a few days later. Their guys were hot. Their bookshops were awesome. I loved everything about it. I knew from that day that I am going to live in Sweden when I'm older.
Helsinki was big and boxy and Americanised. The person in the first music shop I went to was very friendly. He directed me to a second music shop where I could buy some Finnish metal. The people there weren't so friendly. But I got what I wanted. I haven't listened to it yet though. So I don't know what it's like. They have a lot of hot guys too.
The Summer Palace in Pushkin, Russia is beautiful and the gardens are a piece of Heaven. I love the story behind those doll things, it's so sweet. And the tradition of giving them to people when you go to a new place and stuff is really cool. I love the bit about giving Faberge eggs to "a woman you really care about" too. St Peters burg was a great place. But I have to say, the people I encountered were very rude and that did spoil the country. And so did the fact all their women/girls look better than me :p
Estonia was beautiful. I wouldn't want to live there though. Oh and their medieval food was plain gross. They have a cool castle though. And they created like, 80% vodka. Erm, there were lots of trees. I spent the day on a coach mostly so there isn't that much to say about it because I don't know that much about it.
Gothenburg was great. The culture festival thing was awesome and I wish I'd stayed to see more. Their botanical gardens rival Russia's palace gardens. There were a lot of emos too. Like Stockholm, it's utterly amazing and going there strengthened my desire to live there.
And there you go. The main things I had to write about my holiday. Finally complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment