Monday 28 May 2012

Arguing

I was on the Internet looking something up and I clicked on this other, unrelated link. I found a page on how to use the Socratic method of arguing. http://www.wikihow.com/Argue-Using-the-Socratic-Method
It's brilliant!! I've tried it on someone I'm in the middle of a debate with and I don't hope to convince him I'm right. I just want to make him think a little because he's so closed minded. He hasn't read it yet. But it's so much fun. Although patience is kind of needed. But I can do that. It's just asking questions and letting them dig their own holes! This is fantastic. Socrates is a genius!! It means you get less frustrated as well when you're trying to prove a point and they won't listen. If you're asking questions, they usually answer and .... wait a second. This is what Scarlett always uses on me ....
Well, I do need to know the weaknesses of this argument so that I can make sure the idiot with the closed mind doesn't win ... And so that Scarlett doesn't leave me so flustered and wound up after using it on me ....

No comments:

Post a Comment