Tuesday 3 April 2012

Money

I got loads of money for my 16th birthday and I need to decide what to spend it on. I have 3 options to choose from: concert tickets, prom shoes and guitar lessons. I have £145.
Concert tickets, pros:
  • I can make up for not seeing Black Veil Brides on my birthday
  • I love music
  • I love the atmosphere of concerts
  • It will be an amazing memory and well worth the money
  • There are so many bands I want to see live
  • I really, really want to stand in another mosh pit which still seems like too awesome a word to use for anything that happens in my life
Concert tickets, cons:
  • I wouldn't be able to see Black Veil Brides because I missed their fucking tour, rendering the first point useless (thanks a lot Dad)
  • I have no-one to go with
  • My parents might not let me go
  • Dad might just throw a strop again and make things difficult
Prom shoes, pros:
  • I do need shoes for prom and I have nothing that will go with my dress
  • It's an excuse for another pair of New Rocks, especially since my current pair are beginning to fall apart because I wear them so much
  • I can't ask my parents to pay for them because all the stuff I like is very expensive and mum already paid for my dress
  • In response to the point below about shopping at Camden, I can shop online
  • I won't have this much money again before prom
Prom shoes, cons:
  • I won't be able to wear them until prom except around the house to get used to them
  • They will quite possibly cost more than £145
  • I would have to go all the way to Camden to get them. I don't know anyone who will go shopping with me
Guitar lessons, pros:
  • I have always wanted to learn to play guitar
  • They loan you an instrument
  • I really really really want to be able to play an instrument, guitar in particular
  • I may never get another chance
Guitar lessons, cons:
  • It's £22 per lesson. I have the money now but I might have it consistently
  • It might shatter my dream - what if I'm a total fail or it isn't as amazing as I'd imagined?
  • What if I'm so awful I can't even get a second lesson?
  • Lets face it, I'll never be like Jinxx or Slash or Gary Moore or Jimmy Hendrix or any other talented guitarist. No more than I'll ever look or sound like Amy Lee

If you have any idea what I should do, please comment!

3 comments:

  1. I would take the guitar lesson. :)
    You don't have to become a second Jimi Hendrix for having fun playing this instruemnt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first guy is right,just pick the guitar,duh,hehe :D

    ReplyDelete